Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Food, again! 03-03-09

This evening I had dinner with three friends I know from Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar in the past. Mabel Huseby, Suzanne Lucy and Reynola Pakusich all live north of Seattle in Washington State. I only see them at Asilomar and this session Reynola is teaching and Mabel and Suzanne are taking classes. If I wanted to see them before spring 2010 I had to be here during this session. Even so, we haven't seen much of each other because there is always so much going on. Therefore, the four of us went to dinner at our favorite place - The Red House! I'm sure I could dine there every night for a week and not get tired of their delicious food. No exception for dinner tonight. But we were too busy catching up with each other to take pictures of the food! However, when dessert came we had slowed down a bit. I'm sorry the pictures are not better. A nice guy even offered to take a picture of the four of us, but it is so blurry we are unrecognizable. When I put the pictures in my computer I couldn't figure out why - oh yes, at night one needs a flash! Duh! We will have to try again before we all leave for home.

Reynola and Suzanne opted for the cheesecake which is served thusly.

Mabel ordered the Apple Strudel which had the same toppings as the cheesecake. And I had the Apple Strudel, but without the toppings. We figure that we are only here one week a year so splurging is okay.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Del,
I'm so envious! The Red House is my favorite too! I'm already missing Asilomar. I didn't sign up this year -- I hope I'll not make that mistake again. I know you're having a fabulous time and with Back Porch's new fabric arrivals -- life is absolutely perfect. Enjoy. Loretta

dee said...

Hi Del, Thanks for the e-mail. Our internet has been out for a whole day and blogger is continually annoying. Bah!!
I like what you're working on very much. I have wanted to make a fabric portrait of our Main St. & harbor and enjoy seeing various ideas in the works. I'm so envious of your travels and the abundance of art venues and shows you are able to attend. Wonderful! and the food looks pretty darn good too.