Sunday, March 1, 2009

Workshop & Dinner 02-28-09

We drove to Monterey this morning for Sylvia's "Small Towns" workshop - Sylvia as teacher, Mary and Del as students (2 out of 20). It was a fun workshop and a great bunch of quilt making ladies. I didn't take pictures but have been promised some copies of pictures taken by another student in the workshop. I'll post some when/if I receive them. And maybe tomorrow I will be able to post a picture of what I did today.
After the workshop Mary and I went to dinner with Gail Abeloe and Jeanne Mills at the Red House - and sitting at the next table were Sylvia, Ruth McDowell and Sue Broenkow! Hugs all around and then we went to our separate tables.

Mary, Gail and I ordered the Blue Cheese Souffle, which is just too delicious for words, and Jeanne ordered the fantastic spinach salad with chicken. Above is an image of the outside of the souffle. The field greens that surround it are lightly dressed and accompanied by very thinly sliced pickled pears. There should have also been candied pecans but somehow they were left off this time.

This is the inside of the souffle showing the chunks of blue cheese.

I haven't had a Latte since I left home on Wednesday, so this one was extra tasty.

Jeanne had the spinach salad with chicken on the top.

We contemplated dessert because they were serving ollalieberry pie - and theirs is undoubtedly the best in the world. However, we were all satiated and decided to come back another evening just for pie and the special hand churned vanilla ice cream.

Doesn't it look delicious? It really is!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vivika said...

I think you should send the photo of the dessert to Ruth McDowell and commission a quilt from it... no tip required!

Looking forward to a Sunday Quilt post...

Vivika

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Del! I am so jealous! This trip sounds delightful to me! Quilting and fabulous food! My kinda stuff!
Thanks for letting us tag along! I am looking forward to the next post too!!!!