Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Friends 03-17-09

These are my friends Mike and Nancy Ota with their little gal Suki. She came to live with them last November after the death of their dear little Calvin.

I've known Nancy since the mid 1980s, having met her at the Orange County Quilters Guild. We live at opposite ends of Orange County so we never have much time together. Lately Nancy has started organizing a daytime quilters quilt to meet in San Clemente where she lives and I have gotten involved. So, we will see each other more frequently.

Nancy and Mike have enjoyed traveling since he retired. She always beautifully organizes her photos and sends me an album. Just before Sukie came to them they had been to Europe for the first time and appreciated the many places they saw. This is one of the pictures she sent - I have no idea where this window is located, but I think it is just a super image.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meggie said...

I so wish I lived close to you, so I could join in with some of these groups. I seem to be almost on an 'island' here, yet I know there must be quilters close by!

dee said...

Beautiful photo and adorable pup. I must echo Meggie. I live in a non-arty area out here. Everyone is into the VERY traditional and woe unto those that buck the system. An example would be the gallery in town that specializes in Kincaid prints...BAH! Waving at you from the artistic wilderness.