Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Showing quilts 04-07-09

As always when I am getting ready to go on a trip, I'm running around like a chicken with its tail on fire. I get worse every year. But Liz and I will be ready to leave tomorrow afternoon to head to Tulare, CA, so that I can give a program for the Valley Oaks Quilters Guild. Since we set this up last April one would expect me to be all ready - NOT. I take about thirty quilts, of all sizes, from TCQC, hang a few on quilt hanging racks and have helpers on stage to show the rest. I have stopped taking the really large quilts - they just weigh too much. And I have quite a few 12x12 that are not effective held up on the stage, so I put those out on a table and remind everyone to keep their refreshments away. This trip won't be as much fun as I thought because I could not get the Lexus back from the dealer today - as they promised! They are putting a coating on the outside to help protect the paint from the hot California sun and those darn seagulls in LBeach. They say I can have it by noon tomorrow, but that gives me less than an hour to get everything loaded. I'm too old - I have to load a little bit at a time. So, we will take the van. Liz was the first passenger in the van eleven years ago and I thought she should be the first in the Lexus. But she will have to wait.
No blog post tomorrow night, but I'll be home sometime on Thursday and hope to have some new photos to share.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Have a great, safe trip, Del! Those valley quilters are in for a treat.