Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lunch 05-07-09

I drove to San Diego today to pick up a quilt that I purchased at the Visions 2008 exhibit. Although the exhibit came down March 1st, I have been in and out of town, so I asked them to hold it for me to pick up. I didn't realize it would be two months! Now that I have it I will show it at the first meeting of the Surfside Quilters Guild on May 12th at 10am (San Clemente Presbyterian Church). I am presenting "Old and New: Quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection" for their inaugural program. I have also recently received the two quilts I bought at the Quilt National opening in May 2007 - they have been traveling with other quilts from the same venue.
The Gallery has a very nice exhibit of Elizabeth Busch's quilts. I've always admired her work, but others have purchased the quilts that I liked the most before I had a chance. There are several in this exhibit that I covet, but now I don't have the funds - bummer! I'll keep trying.

On my way home on I-5 I exited on Del Mar Heights Road and had lunch at Sammy's Pizza in the shopping center. As I sat reading the menu I discovered that there is a Sammy's at Liberty Center - where the Visions Art Quilt Gallery is located! Next time. Anyway, I have always been amused by this little shelf of grass as part of Sammy's decor, but feel it is lacking a focus. So, today I added a focus - if you go there look to see if they have removed it. I really wanted a bird, but couldn't find anything of the right size. However, real frogs do hop around in the grass.

I should have taken a picture immediately because lunch hour hadn't started and there weren't that many customers. By the time I was ready to take the picture all the tables were full. I told the guys at the table below this that I wanted a picture of the beaded lamps. Well, I couldn't tell them I wanted to take a picture of the frog, could I?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

meggie said...

Del, I love your sense of humour! How cute, & how clever to use the lamps as the focus.

Patty ♣ said...

Del!!
You are Hilarious! I have always suspected you could do things like this! I LOVE it!...
An extremely happy way for me to begin this day!! Thanks!

Corky said...

You are so cool Del! It would be great if your frog attrached others.