Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not a good day!! 06-29-09


First of all - I didn't get the URL for Sue Benner's website on yesterday's blog. I know I copied it, but guess I just never pasted it! She has redone her website this year sometime and it is very nice - great photographs and fabulous work. Sorry, Sue! http://www.suebenner.com/index.html
But my real problem is that I have been trying to compose a newsletter for the Surfside Quilters Guild, which meets in the daytime in San Clemente. I have done dozens of newsletters for guilds and other organizations and I have used the computer to type everything. But then I cut it out, pasted it down and took it to the printers. However, nowadays newsletters are composed in their entirety with a publishing software program. So, I am learning as I go. I'm trying Microsoft Publisher, because I thought that being so familiar with Microsoft systems it would be easier for me. I don't think so now! I feel that each function is a box within a box, within a box...! And I am having a hard time finding my way around. It doesn't help that neither my old nor my new computer is fully functional, so I have been going back and forth between them.
The newsletter is supposed to be posted tomorrow, but I doubt it will be complete by then. Hopefully on Wednesday. But just watch out for me next month when I will know EVERYTHING and my computer problems will all be solved. The August newsletter will be a snap. Doesn't hurt to think positive!!!
Meanwhile, if anyone would like to offer telephone help for Microsoft Publisher , just send your phone number to me via e-mail - DELQLTS at aol dot com. I sure wish I had opted for Acrobat - I might yet have to learn that one also.

No comments: