Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More I-5, but I'm not on it now. 06-30-09



Just about everywhere I go I travel at least part of the way on I-5, which goes from the Mexican border to the Canadian border (where it continues north but under a different designation).

I took these pictures (I notice they are pretty much the same view, but with different vehicles passing by) from a hillside in San Clemente and couldn't decide if any of them were good. Guess I have been looking at the computer too much the last few days. But just look at that blue sky and the blue Pacific - two reasons why people move to California. This was a Tuesday about 1pm on June 16th. The traffic seems light, however the price of gas has gone up over a dollar since January - usually keeps more people at home.



I don't know what big project is going in across the highway, but there hasn't been any action lately, so I suppose it is on hold like so many other building projects.




If you click to enlarge you will be able to see the houses/condos/apts out near the edge of the slope going down to Hwy 101 (Pacific Coast Highway) and the water. Just a few miles south of this spot one crossed the line and travels through Camp Pendleton. If they every close the Camp there will probably be pretty much solid dwellings and businesses from north of LA to the Mexican border. Sigh!


I have been working all day trying to figure out Publisher and get the newsletter finished. I had one person offer help since they are familiar with the program, but three people telling me to call them if I decided to switch to Adobe! My biggest problem seems to be pictures. Mostly because when I download pictures on the Fujitsu they do not appear in my document files! I can use the locator to find them, but can't move them from there to Publisher. Haven't figured out what I will do about that. My brain is tired and my eyes are crossed and my buns are sore, so I will try for some sleep. Maybe things will magically work tomorrow (er...today!)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great gobs of sympathy. No help. Sorry. June