Saturday, July 4, 2009

No, I am still working on the newsletter! Between my befuddled brain, trying to work with two computers at once and stupid AOL cutting me off about ten times today, the frustration level has been the worst I have endured in years. Maybe ever! For the last couple months I was trying Firefox, but it seemed to interfere with some of my programs so I took it off. Maybe I will try it again one of these days. Today (Saturday) will be the fifth day since my deadline for the newsletter. I feel that I am working as hard as I can but I'm not getting anywhere. Currently my friend Jeanne is linking all the pages together and preparing it to send as a PDF document with all the pages in order and in one transmission. Stupidly, I had made them all separate pages because I didn't know any better. I must say that the guys in India have been very helpful. And even understanding when I ask them to speak slower so I can understand what they are saying. Of course, I have spent hours just waiting on hold, but I guess it was worth it - they taught me some things and fixed some that were broken. I'm starting to think the Fujitsu is a $900 piece of junk!

Corky came yesterday afternoon to stay until Sunday when his parents return from Catalina. He doesn't like being ignored but I cannot pet him and love him when I am working on the newsletter. So he pouts.

He simply refused to look at me - little snob! I cannot leave him outside alone because of our coyote problem. We haven't seen them since early last fall, but now that there is no water in the hills they have to come down where people live and, I suppose, little pets and small children are tasty morsels. Several cats have been taken in the neighborhood in the past month.

He is always such a ham and will pose for pictures for quite a long time. But today he wouldn't even look at me! He looks so handsome in his Independence Day ribbon. Here he is out on the patio in the middle of the day it was so hot - 92 was the high today, but the humid wasn't as high as it has been lately. No monsoon moisture. I couldn't stand the heat so he had to come in - another strike against me! Tomorrow - which is actually today will be a better day - RIGHT? To add insult to injury we have had a fly in the house all day and I cannot spare the time to chase him. Thought I had him closed in the bathroom with the "fry" lights, but no, he is all over the house. BOOO!
See any errors? Let me know - I'm too tired to proofread. Del
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rayna said...

Let him sulk - he'll get over it.
No typos that I could see. Sorry you are having such grief with your new computer - I empathize, as you can imagine.

Yes, tomorrow will be a better day!
xo

Patty ♣ said...

Happy 4th of July!!
I send you love! You are such a trooper!! Everyone will enjoy what you have spent so many hours doing! I am so impressed! Thank you for hanging in there!

Christine Thresh said...

Corky looks very good in his Independence Day ribbon.