Friday, July 24, 2009

Images from Int'l Quilt Festival 07-24-09

But they are not mine. I have yet to visit the Festival, but will be working at the SAQA booth in the morning. See the Quilts, Inc. website for pictures or click on the following URL.....
I thought I would get over to the Convention Center sometime today or maybe attend the special event this evening. Unfortunately Corky is not well. Last evening I took him to his regular vet for X-rays. Corky's arthritic hip has deteriorated a great deal and he will probably have to have surgery - possibly a hip replacement. He also has some deterioration in his spine. Tomorrow he will go to the special vet clinic in Costa Mesa for an MRI - for which he will have to have anesthesia which is quite risky in a small, old dog. His 13th birthday is next Wednesday.
His mommy flew home this evening so she could be with him at the clinic and I will probably drive over there when my shift is over for SAQA. Today involved running around to pick up X-rays and fill a prescription. Also keeping Corky from going up and down stairs - of course, I have had to carry him up and down!! So, I am very, very tired and so is Sherry. On-the-other-hand, Corky has mostly slept, undoubtedly from the pain pills. Hope he can sleep through the night (which means up about 4am in his book!).
I hope to post some pictures tomorrow evening, but not of the SAQA quilts where photography is not allowed.

2 comments:

Loret said...

Del, I'm sorry to hear Corky is not well. I'm sending "get well" prayers for him.
I'm looking forward to hearing more about the LB show. Warm regards.

Patty ♣ said...

Oh dear! I am also thinking of Corky and a prayer has been said for his healthy recovery!..Lots of us love that little white fluffy guy!