Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blogging 08-19-09

I enjoy writing a blog, although sometimes it just reminds me how BORING my life is. I have found, however, that to others it is not boring at all - just as their lives are not boring to me! The comments I receive are little letters from somewhere usually more exciting than suburban Placentia, California. I subscribe to two different blog statistical services - one has a better map and the other has simpler statistics that are easily understood by someone who is mathematically challenged! What interests me the most are the far flung places where someone has checked in. Other than all over the United States, I have regular readers in Belgium, Germany, Australia, UK and Canada; periodic readers in Hawaii (far flung, but a lovely part of the USofA), New Zealand, Israel, Mexico and the Netherlands. Occasionally someone will check in from India, Poland, Egypt, Greenland, Brazil, Venezuela, SAfrica and (twice) Iceland (Bolungarvík, Vestur-isafjardarsysla, Iceland ). There are an average of visits 60 a day, but normally the daily count is less than that. Although the statistical services give only locations and how many times a visitor has visited (depends entirely on 'cookies') the majority of my readers are quilt makers and they check in on Sunday night or Monday for the TCQC quilt.

This is not a 'public' blog, so it is not listed on any of the blog search lists or the regular blog rings. I am always astounded when I come across a blog that has dozens of 'followers' or that receives hundreds of comments on a regular basis. All I can think is that some people must spend entire days online perusing blogs - which is SOOOO easy to do. Since April when I started working on the Surfside QGuild newsletter I read fewer blogs and seldom find time to send individual replies to comments, but it is a sort of addiction and in the wee hours of the morning, when I can't get back to sleep, I sometimes do a little blog surfing. I used to look at art quilt websites, but since I currently have no money in the TCQC budget it is much too painful to see quilts that are beyond my pocketbook. I just go back to sleep only to dream of those fabulous quilts that "got away". Blogs are much more restful and sometimes they offer things out there in cyberspace that I long to share with everyone - beautiful, inspired or inspiring, awesome - or that tickle my funny bone.Here is one I especially enjoy.. SAND DANCER
Turn on your sound, tune your ear to British English and enjoy a very original artist expressing his art. http://bellasinclair.blogspot.com/2009/05/whoa.html

# # #

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

Your blog is not boring. You have the ability to see things in your everyday surroundings that most of us miss. You have a zest for life (not in the fast lane).
Your quilt collection is outstanding and you can pick winners. Thank you for sharing your bounty.