Saturday, October 24, 2009

PIQF #10 Barbara Barrick McKie 10-24-09

Barbara McKie keeps growing as an artist. These photos on fabric are greatly enhanced by her meticulous free-motion machine embroidery. What a great thing to do with pictures from an unforgettable tour of the Galapagos Islands.



Yes, I can see that little gleam in his left eye!


These Galapagos Gulls are much like the Bonaparte's Gull we are familiar with.


A moment that a nature photographer dreams of!

The colors she has used are very subtle, just as the colors are on the live animal.

I tried to crop this one to show the red binding. Interesting choice.
This gal does look as though she has a splitting headache, doesn't she?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

Wow, absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the great start to my Sunday. The last one is so sweet and funny.

I've enjoyed catching up with the wonderful posts
Fabulous talent at this show.

Meggie said...

I find this quilting so amazing. I love the seagulls too, the exact hunch they get in a breeze.
What a talented lady. Thankyou again, Del, for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

Oooh! Thanks for sharing these. I was lucky to have lived in Connecticut when Barbara McKie was getting started, and you are sooo right. She has really developed her style.

I'm just going to have to get out there to California to see this show in the flesh...or to Houston...or both!