Sunday, October 18, 2009

PIQF #4 Two Contemporary Quilts 10-18-09

The label above is the one given by PIQF.
I was surprised to see this quilt in this Quilt Show - I would expect it to turn up at Quilt National.

This label is from the group that juries, labels and hangs the Special Exhibit "New Quilts of Northern California". It is very odd that some of these labels have lots of information and some have just the quilt name, the name of the quilt maker and the town where they live - even though the quilt makers were asked to submit further information on their quilts - and they did! I was not the only viewer who was disappointed.

This is very interesting, but to me it is not a quilt.

This detail is the third block down on the left side.

I can't count the number of people who have commented, "Someday I'm going to make a New York Beauty," including myself! Since Karen Stone started selling the foundation papers there is almost no excuse for not doing it.

This is a vibrant, colorful quilt. Something went awry with my camera skills, but I think it is so wonderful I had to share it with you, even in this diminished image.

I think the 'spiky' border is my very favorite and I have used it on a number of quilts - this color combo also always appeals to me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: