Monday, January 18, 2010

Presaging the storm fronts 01-18-10

These clouds presaged today's storm. Very odd looking and widely separated 'rafts' of clouds, but where there were no clouds the sky was so clear it hurt my eyes to look at all that blue.

Just a few miles further on the 22 Fwy I took this shot of Saddleback with a ruffled scarf of white cloud. The bank of clouds behind the mountain continued to grow and eventually most of the sky was covered.

My new Canon camera is okay. I just can't figure it out! Somehow I have managed to turn off the flash (am I haunted or something?) and though I try to follow the instructions in the book, I cannot seem to change it back to ON. I have the instruction book, which I put in my handbag with the knowledge that I would need to refer to it many times. But I put the disc and all the other paper back in the box to look at later and I put the box in some logical place for safekeeping. My logic seems to have deserted me now and I cannot find the box.

I cannot seem to switch to twenty-ten and am still writing and typing 2009. I do believe that complete senility is just around the corner.
# # #

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

You are way ahead of me in so many ways. No senility on the horizon for you.

Rayna said...

Del, it is the kiss of death to put something in A "logical"
place. At least for me! I don't know about you, but whenever I put something where I think a normal person would put it I never find it again.

Stop looking and it will turn up. Maybe.

Meggie said...

You ring so many familiar bells! I often find things hidden in plain sight!!