Thursday, February 18, 2010

At Corky's house 02-18-10

I am not at Corky's this evening, I took these pictures a few days ago when I spent an evening with him while his parents went to the musical theatre. Unless I am spending the night I usually set up my computer in the breakfast room and set Corky's bed nearby. Sometimes he stays in the other room, laying against the door into the garage - as if someone would come home and he wouldn't know it. It must be hard for him since he can no longer hear.
I can access their high-speed from anywhere in the house, but if I am upstairs I must carry Corky down and back up when he needs to go out, or it is time for his medications. Now that I have fallen once I have a terrible fear of falling again and hurting him or hurting myself worse than the first time.
He seems happy just to be close by and he has his 'lamb' for company in his bed. It is the weirdest looking lamb I have ever seen, however it is HIS lamb and he doesn't care if it is weird or not. Actually, he never plays with his toys, there is a huge basketful in the corner of the family room, but will run to get one if someone is leaving the house and he doesn't want them to go. He runs back with something and presents it to the person departing. Since he doesn't really want to play I have never understood his point, perhaps even a few minutes delay is good enough for him. If I am the one who is leaving he will refuse to give me a kiss or even look at me - he can be cruel! I probably won't see him again until late in March due to my travels and his parents travels, but I can occasionally check in on the 'Corky Cam' which is set up to show him in the front office where he stays when his parents need to go out and his nanny is not available to stay with him. He is never alone more than a couple hours, but he doesn't like to stay alone at all. Too late to retrain him now.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

June said...

Boy, I don't know who's going to suffer more -- you or Corky. Late March is a looonnngggg time away. He might have to turn his back on you for fifteen minutes or so, just to punish you for your absence:-)