Monday, February 15, 2010

One-foot square from TCQC 02-15-10

"Nite Song" Nanette Fleischman 2009 12"W x 12"L
Raw-edge applique of bird over pieced block. Machine pieced and quilted. Eye is irregular bead.
This charming quilt was part of the SAQA online auction in 2009. I cannot seem to adjust the color to make the color more true, it is more red than pink. Her idea of putting the log cabin block in the corner makes all the difference in the completed design. I find the asymmetry more pleasing that if the log cabin was a"'bull's eye".

I know nothing about Nanette except that she lives in North Carolina and belongs to SAQA and to the Alliance for America Quilts. My research has not turned up a website or a blog for her. She has made quilts for other fund raising online auctions which you can see at the URLs below.

Somehow I didn't think yesterday was Sunday - sometimes I just get lost in time! Sorry.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

That is such a neat little quilt. I'm glad it is in your collection.

dee said...

Darling quilt and the bird is so sweet. I always refer the asymmetrical settings. Nice buy!