Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yesterday on I-5 02-20-10

Yes, another boring day of "road trip" photos and not very good ones at that. But, you have to admit the clouds are nice!

The second predominate crop are grapes. All the vineyards are brown right now - marching off to the horizon. These are mostly table grapes, or so I am told.

This is raw land covered with sagebrush and other wild plants. There is less and less each year and I wonder where the water will come from to irrigate all these crops.

Other soft fruit trees are starting to bloom, just not as many of these orchards as there are almonds. These could be plums, nectarines, prunes - whatever.

These trees are probably peaches. They are cut flat on top and pruned so the branches spread out like an upside down tripod. I'll have a good chance to see the development of blossoms since I go home for seven days and then drive up again. Gosh, I may even stop the car to take a few pictures!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: