Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pattern at the doctor's office 02-25-10

Today was another doctoring day and as I sat in the waiting room I tried to figure out this display box. I was sitting across the room and could only think of dog biscuits, of all things. When I could, I looked closer and was delighted at the imagination of the designer. There was one hand lotion sample bottle left, which the nurse gave to me. I asked if I could also have the box - after so many years they are accustomed to my odd ways.

I collapsed the box to take this picture.

And I took a closeup without the lettering, etc. Can't you just see the stack of men all piled up on their sides with their fists lined up for the picture? Must have been terribly uncomfortable.

My glasses appeared on the floor between the clothes hamper and the door frame into the garage. I guess I did put them where they belonged - in my purse - but they fell out somehow and slipped down the narrow space to hide in the darkness. Now I can see again and have an appointment for later in the month to get new glasses. I stayed with Corky in LBeach for a few hours this evening. He was very welcoming and I was glad I had a chance to see him before I am gone for three weeks. His parents and I have set up Skype with cameras, so maybe we can have a visit whilst I am gone.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vivika said...

I'd love to see the quilt you end up with... that is a powerful image and I like it on its side better than vertically.

Rayna said...

Love this graphic image, too! Inspiration for some new art!

June said...

I wonder what Corky will think of seeing you on Skype

Like Rayna, I find this is a phenomenal image --interesting in a number of ways.

I sent you an invite to the Art Walk next week just to let you know that you are an honorary Portlander. Somehow I doubt you can squeeze it in between your three classes, etc. But I'll be thinking of you -- being heroic (you, not me!)