Saturday, February 27, 2010

More from the drive home 02-22-10 02-26-10Post

Some parts of the landscape remind me of Wyoming with the rolling hills and the straight highway, but I doubt there is ever this much traffic in WY. This hay hauling semi made me very nervous and I went around swiftly. How far can hay lean without falling off?

I exited the highway so I could take pictures from an overpass. This is the best of the lot and gives an idea of the scope of the almond trees in bloom. In the foreground there are some piles of tumbleweeds - sometimes CalTrans will burn the piles before they escape again.
I like to stop at Harris Ranch to use their very clean and charming bathroom. The ceramic tiles have little bunches of violets painted on them. This lady didn't bat an eye when I took a picture just as she came in. Maybe more people than I realize take pictures in bathrooms.
It is rare that there aren't ladies using the facilities, sometimes there is even a line although there are quite a number of stalls. The flush and the faucets are motion sensitive, so one hardly needs to touch anything except the door in and out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Beautiful bathroom - they must have known they'd end up on somebody's blog!