Sunday, February 21, 2010

Class "sample" by Mary Leakey 02-21-10

This quilt is NOT part of the TCQC, it isn't for sale, but I covet it every time I am in Mary's dining room. She started this in a Sylvia Einstein class at Empty Spools several years ago and I do admire it greatly. So much so that I am going to take Sylvia's class in a few weeks. I'm sure I can't do anything this great, but I'll give it my best. .

"There Are No Zebras in Costa Rica" Mary Leakey 2001 45"W x 45"L

The block is a variation of double wedding ring created by Sylvia Einstein. http://www.sheinstein.addr.com/

This is Sassy, the Sussex Spaniel, thinking I am going to give her a tummy rub. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met - very mellow and friendly. Her bed is right here next to where I work at my computer when I am in San Juan Bautista, so we are good friends. The problem is I am allergic to her, so when I can't resist petting her I must go wash my hands and be careful not to touch my face. It is a pain in the ..............!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stitchinfool said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt, Del! I can certainly understand why you covet it. (Janis)

June said...

mmmmmm, nice art. Nice dog, too, although it would be hard to keep your hands off her.

Christine Thresh said...

I covet that quilt, too. I love the title.
I am sure you will create an equally spectacular quilt in the class.

abelian said...

I'm going to be in that class, too! See you soon.

Dottie Daybell