Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pictureless blog 02-27-10

I save up 'blog able' stuff for days like this. I have been working like crazy today. Mostly trying to finish up the Surfside QGuild newsletter which has to be posted tomorrow (Sunday). Besides the fact I keep forgetting how to do things, my computer was giving me fits. It may have been something about the weather - heavy rain, thunder, lightning, strong/erratic wind. I turned it off when the thunder/lightning started, but I was fearful that it wouldn't start up when I turned it on again. It did and things seemed to improve. I am also getting ready to go to Empty Spools, so packing is required- packing for three different classes. What was I thinking? I won't get on the road as soon as I thought I would, but I'll get there eventually.

Terry Grant has a terrific video on her blog - if you read her blog you will already have seen it. But if not, go to http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/2010/02/oh-this-is-good.html which is the particular post the video is on. She is getting ready to fly to Cleveland to film some segments for the Quilt Art - she has been getting ready for weeks (maybe months), while I have not gotten ready at all. And I am leaving first and for a longer period of time. Woe is I. Such a slouch.

We have been blogging a lot about blogs lately, so maybe some of you would be interested in this site: "The Internet has made it it easier than ever to gain inspiration and learn from other quilters. There are many quilters that blog about their recent projects. The website Quilterblogs.com reads nearly 900 quilting related blogs every day and posts snippets of what these bloggers are blogging about. What a wonderful idea. If you blog, please ask to add your blog to their database. It is FREE. Check them out today." 02-16-10
I am always looking for grist for my newsletter column "Quilting Online", especially for the large number of guild members who are interested in traditional rather than 'art' quilting.

And finally, since I know there are lots of Calvin and Hobbs fans out there, here is a site I came across that is funny and interesting. To me, anyway!
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/12/28/more-calvin-and-hobbes-covered-by-artists/

# # #

1 comment:

Corky said...

what classes are you taking at Asilomar? have a wonderful time and say hi to everyone. I wish I was with you!