Friday, March 26, 2010

"Morning Sniff" 03-25-10

In many SCalifornia quilt guilds there is a "Monthly Mini" quilt, made and donated by a member, to raise funds for the guild treasury. Tickets are sold, only at the meeting, and one is pulled for the winner. Over the years I have done this for several of the guilds I belong to and March was the month I volunteered to create a quilt for Surfside Quilters Guild. The member with the winning ticket was Hiroko Moriwaki.

"Morning Sniff" Del Thomas 2010 Approx 12"W X 15"L
The idea came from a childhood cat "Baby" who was a blue/grey color and lived to a ripe old age. She would go out in the garden with my stepfather and follow him around as he worked. She is the only cat I have ever seen who would sniff flowers as she walked along.
Fused applique w/straight stitched edges, machine quilted.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Suzanne Kistler said...

Charlie also likes to stop and smell the flowers. I love the quilt! It's so happy and spring-like!

Christine Thresh said...

Delightful.
Lucky Hiroko.

Terry Grant said...

Love it all, but especially those leaves! Very fresh and crisp!

Gerrie said...

I am in love with that springy green background.

Quiltedtime said...

This is exquisite! I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to part with it.

Loretta said...

I love the purple critter! Your quilts always seem to capture your feeling(s) about the subject. Bravo!!!

Rayna said...

This is lovely, Del. I guess the cat got the bird before you made the quilt. The colors are perfect together!

jpsam said...

This certainly says 'Spring'!
joan