Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Blossom - Cherry? 03-21-10

When I left from Mary's in San Juan Bautista this morning I took a little detour on Lucy Brown Road to see if there were blossoms on the trees with the yellow lichen I photographed exactly a month ago.
I found this one open blossom in the same orchard and the yellow lichen was gone! Warmer, drier weather - don't you think?

There were lots of buds like this and I wonder if they will be open in a few days if the warm weather continues.
It was a wonderful drive home on I-5. Not many wildflowers at the top around Gorman, but still snow on the peaks. At the north end of the Grapevine are huge fields of lupine and "blue faces" (I think that is what the common name is - I will look it up before I post the pictures).
I am too tired to write more.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome home, Del!

Christine Thresh said...

I'm glad to know you are home safe and sound.

Patty ♣ said...

Happy you are home and have already visited with "Your Prince!" ..(chuckle)..Now get that ankle well! I wish you an easy time with the SQG Newsletter!

June said...

The pear blossoms are now "snowing" and the streets are covered with them. The early cherries blossoms are about gone, but the big frowsy ones are still to come. I think our cherry tree is blooming, but it's so big and so close to our house and the house next door that I can only catch its silhouette. And the violets are running wild this year -- the most beautiful I've ever seen them. The forsythia is about done,as are the daffs.

So there's the Portland report on blossoms for you. Rest well now that you are home.