Monday, March 29, 2010

A Slice of Fullerton 03-29-10

Does anyone use Microsoft Publisher? On Saturday when I was deep into finishing the Surfside QGuild newsletter I pulled up the program and the header had changed from what it has been since I started using it last April. I tried everything I could think of, including going back to March 1st, but nothing worked. So, I drove over to the Notebook Shop to see if they could help. The tech tried all the things I had tried and finally we reloaded the program from the original disc. Still no luck. Finally, he brought up his program on his computer and he had the same 'problem'. Everything is still there on the program, but since it looks different I have to stop and think and search, taking longer to do almost everything. Then I drove home and stopped in Fullerton at the cheapest Arco station around. While my sixteen gallons were pumping I looked around at the trees and the sky and the moon.
It was rather late in the day and sun cast a pink shadow on the white building in the background. The wind was still agitating the palms and the almost full moon was floating in a very blue sky.

On the top of the station building is this odd looking 'smokestack' which greatly resembles the smudge pots they once used in the citrus orchards. Guess it isn't very stable since it has guy wires to support it against the Santana winds which blow from just that direction.
Looking over the hood of my car and across busy Orangethorpe Blvd, I could see the snow topped peaks only fifty or so miles away. Wonder how Harry Sidhu placed his sign so high on the pole. And did he have permission? To me the worst thing about elections is the plastering of signs on every possible spot - ugly to the extreme.

Too bad it isn't a video showing the wind shaken fronds. It was a lovely evening.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I really like this last picture of the palm frond and the moon!!
I hope that your problems sort out fast! I get so frustrated with computer problems! I know you have a deadline to meet.. I am wishing good things for you Del!!

Rayna said...

How weird about the software! Wish I had an idea about how to fix it,but I never used MS Publisher.

Patty ♣ said...

Well! The Newsletter turned out just fine and dandy Del!!You are an overcomer!!Nice work!