Friday, April 30, 2010

Clip Art 04-30-10

For several days I have been experimenting to find a way to move something from Publisher to Blogger and this is what I have been able to do. They aren't perfect - but they are here and I hope they don't just disappear. When I create the Surfside QGuild newsletter I am always looking for appropriate clips to use in those odd blank spaces, but I don't want to have to pay for them! The free clip art sites seemed to be arranged in strange ways. Below are a few of the images that are offered in the category "Spring".

Some I could figure out. Here is a guy exercising with equipment composted of coil springs. And maybe the school bus is Spring Break? I had to think a bit about the green onions - they are referred to as spring onions in some parts of the country.

I haven't a clue what this has to do with Spring. It appears to be someone tying together large bones in a cave. Spring bones? Nah.


The image on the left has lovely spring colors, but what does it mean? Is there a country that celebrates Spring with a lady on a stick whose hair resembles fire? And finally there is Spring with a flower - a snowdrop maybe? I was able to locate some images I could use. You can check them out in the Surfside QGuild newsletter post May 1, 2010.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Terry Grant said...

I always seem to go for birds and nests to symbolize spring! I have a ton of clipart--no easy way to share, but if you are looking for something specific let me know.

dee said...

the snowdrop is the first sign of spring around here. That one with the person & the bones is fascinating.
Enjoyed your Stat counter mystery. Love to know who, what, where, and why.

Dusty Haller said...

Leeks are worn in Wales on St. David's Day (March 1). They are a symbol of spring. In the US wild leeks, or ramps, are one of the first vegetables of spring.
Walpurgis Night (April 30) is celebrated in Germany and other countries in northern Europe. Huge bonfires are lit and "witches" -- made of rags and straw -- are burnt. (In Denmark the witch is burnt on St. John's Eve, June 23.)
Snowdrops (galanthus) are a sure sign of spring in Northern Europe.
Don't know about the bones.