Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dinner with the teacher 05-13-10

Del Thomas and Sally Collins at Cedar Creek Inn, San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Yesterday after the workshop everyone was invited to join Sally for dinner, but only four of us could make it. It is not something I get a chance to do very often because I don't take many workshops. It was a lovely meal in lovely company - we sat on the patio and the weather was just perfect. Sally is speaking this evening at Beach Cities QGuild, but I couldn't go. And she will be giving at least one workshop for that guild, so she will have her fill of Orange County quilters.
(I am wearing one of my hand-screened Rayna Gillman scarves.)
Linda Morand (California) identified the ground cover in the images I posted on Monday as Dymondia margretae or "Silver Carpet". In case any of you wondered!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Meggie said...

Hello Del. I loved seeing this pic of you, & I would like to thank you for emails, and your lovely friendship. Love & hugs, XXX

Patty ♣ said...

Oh, I am glad you went there! It looks like you were both enjoying the time. We love to go to that Cedar Creek Inn on a summer evening, we have sat outside on winter evenings too. You look across at the old San Juan Mission. I remember when that property was a garden shop. Long ago.
I was happy that they didn't harm the trees during the building!

Rayna said...

Glad you identified the green stuff on the ground - it looked to me like grass, but what do I know?

Looking at this picture, I want to come back to Southern CA. How lovely to be sitting outdoors in such a beautiful setting, enjoying a drink and a good meal & splendid company.

And of course, that orange scarf looks divine on you.