Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Computer problems - again! 06-02-10

My apologies for the blank posts. Blogger (or AOL or ??) would not take my post and I didn't realize I was posting "blanks". After only a year I think it is time to get rid of this Fujitsu - a real piece of trash - and find something more dependable. Anyone with experience want to weigh in on this? I can't switch to a Mac - too much of a learning curve at this point. I have finally learned enough about Microsoft Publisher to be comfortable using it for the Surfside QGuild newsletter, which I will do until May 2011. I'm thinking I will go back to a Dell. Comments and suggestions are welcome. And when I have a new computer I will give Photoshop Elements a try, I think it will solve some of my newsletter troubles. Gotta take action right away - another newsletter coming up in just a few weeks.
Hoku sitting on the side of the nest (called "edging", this action preceeds "fledging"). 06-01-10
Hoku being fed in the nest by Phoebe, his mommy. 06-01-10
The little hummer, Hoku, fledged this morning at 8:03am. Happy, healthy little hummer - he/she made a splash in the world of online camera watching. At one point there were more than 4000 people watching around the world. Oddly, the 'chat room' will continue, supposedly until Phoebe has another set of eggs in October. However, there are lots of photos and videos on the site, showing every possible angle and growth period of these hummers (Channel Island Allen (S.s.sedentariius). http://www.ustream.tv/hummingbirdnestcam
If you want to watch different pair of babies go to: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hummingbird-front-door
# # #

1 comment:

June said...

I like seeing your blog comments better than being the 4001 person on another site:-) I've watched the hummer episodes with you all along and felt the same sadness about the loss of the little one.