Friday, June 4, 2010

Maybe not healthly, but delicious! 06-04-10

Out to dinner two nights in a row - what is happening with me? Last evening Carol and Dick and I went to Fish in a Bottle - AGAIN - and it was fabulous. Carol ordered the Teriyaki Chicken which was a huge half breast. She cut pieces off for Dick and I so we could appreciate how tender it was. Hm-m-m-m. Tonight I went to a Mexican place in the same strip mall. There are always customers there whenever I have parked in that lot and I wondered how good it really is. It is just a neighborhood place, very plain, basic menu and sometimes they are the very best. It was good, but not spectacular. I had chicken enchiladas with green sauce, rice and beans. Just a little dab of chopped lettuce and sour cream, so I had to ask for more. And I needed a takeout box for one of the enchiladas. The chips and sauce are served when one sits down, but the sauce is a little too hot for me. And just water to drink. $7.33. I have been thinking about Mexican food lately and this should hold me for some months.
Beach Cities Quilters Guild Quilt Show is tomorrow at Soka University in Aliso Viejo. Their members make very good quilts, both traditional and art, so it is usually an excellent show. Liz and I will drive down together, as we have been doing for the past half dozen years. I am a member of the guild so I will see lots of quilts made by people I know, that always makes it more fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: