Sunday, June 6, 2010

Terry Grant quilt in TCQC

"Laurel" Terry Grant 2008 12"W x 12"L
Terry's techniques and style appeal to me and I find her pieces so very tempting. There are several of her 12X12 Group works that I would love to add to TCQC. I don't see thisquilt as a Christmas quilt (I don't do Christmas any longer), but as tree quilt - it fits into my continuing fascination with trees. Terry wrote about this quilt twice in her blog. You can read those posts at:
You can see that she has used colored pencils or some other technique to give the berries dimension. The color here is not true, but I retook the photos hoping to have a better representation. No luck.
I'm always running across discussions about quilt backs and labels, so I think I will try putting in pictures of those. As you see Terry has used an unassuming back and a minimal label - name, artist, year. I have not yet put on the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection label - I am far behind, but I'll get to it one day this summer, I'm sure.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

dee said...

I loved Terry's tutorial on how she makes these lovely pieces. It's a wonderful addition to the collection.

Sue Reno said...

Beautiful! I'm a big fan of Terry's work (and of Terry). I like her clean and crisp design sensiblities.

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

I love Terry's work as well. I think it appeals to me because of its graphic style... perhaps because I am a fellow graphic designer. This is a wonderful piece.

June said...

In my next life I'm going to be a Terry Grant. I love her work, which is about as different from mine as it's possible to be while working in the same medium. Isn't it great that the world allows us both to do art? But next time round, I want to be Terry (right after being Beverly Sills, that is).

Unknown said...

Lover her work! Simplicity, yet lushness. Yum. Thanks so much for taking the time to share from your collection.