Friday, August 13, 2010

Another resting day 08-13-10

It was a gorgeous California day and only 84F here in Placentia. This image was taken from the car while we were in line at Starbuck's drive-thru.

I used the excuse of the dental surgery to do a lot of resting today. Sort of cheating because I don't have any pain and not much swelling. I iced it a few times this morning and, of course, I have only been eating soft foods - soft boiled eggs, carrot/squash soup, milk, soft cheese, slightly toasted bread. And then Corky and I drove to Starbuck's for a Caramel Frappachino. I always have them put the caramel drizzle UNDER the whipped cream, because I don't want Corky to have rotten teeth. He only gets the very top of the whipped cream - a very special treat.

He has been a very loving companion and even did some more snuggling while I was "icing". I told his mommy that I wished I had a video camera just to record his antics when he wants his dinner. He starts with sneezing two or three times and follows that up with whining, barking, choking as though he has something stuck in his throat (he doesn't), moaning and 'warbling'. It is an entire routine - he should take it on the road. Letterman? Oprah? His mommy advised that with my new Droid I have the ability to take videos. Not yet - I'll put it on the bottom of the list of things I need to learn about the Droid. First I would like to just be able to hang up a call without shutting the thing down completely. Woe is I!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Giggle...
I am so glad that you are doing so good!