Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good speaker - Susan Axelrod 08-10-10

Surfside Quilters Guild met in San Clemente this morning, it was a good meeting. The speaker was Susan Axelrod from Poway, CA who loves to hand applique, but sometimes will do it by machine - she leaves her options open. She does beautiful work and is an organized, interesting speaker. I know she spoke to many members who love to do handwork. It was always my favorite aspect of quiltmaking, but my arthritis limits what I can do these days.

Here is an array of her quilts on stage as she started her program. In the background on the left is a pieced miniature quilt from a design by Sally Collins. The two "holders & folders" are showing an applique quilt that Susan made from a Pearl P. Pereira pattern.


This is one of my favorites, also a Pereira design. I don't remember who did the machine quilting on this one, but Susan has two expert, dependable long arm quilters who do her quilts for her. She would rather devote her time to the applique.


If your quilt guild is looking for speakers you might look into having Susan do a program. She doesn't have a website that I can find, but if you need a contact for her, just post a comment or send me an e-mail. I think any guild would enjoy having her as a guest speaker.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I agree Del! She was very good!

Patty ♣ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.