Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthday pie and Morning Fog 09-03-10

Yesterday was Joe's birthday which we celebrated with baked salmon and fresh corn on the cob.
Followed by dessert. Last year we had olallieberry pie instead of cake to celebrate Joe's birthday and my birthday. This year we established the olallieberry pie tradition. For the three of us we can serve the pie two nights in a row. Best with ice cream, of course, and nothing beats CostCo vanilla ice cream. One drawback is that it comes in packages of 2 - 1 gallon containers, so I feel that I really help out by being there to eat my share!
Today was my drive-home day and I needed to be on the road early (7am is early for this night owl) in order to pick up the Poodle Prince in Long Beach in the early afternoon. The actual driving time is about 5-1/2 hours, but since I have been having my muscle problem I need to stop several times for some stretching and walking or I won't be able to get out of the car when I arrive where I am going. So, today the drive was about 7 hours, including stop and go traffic when I got into the Los Angeles basin.

When I drove down the hill from Mary and Joe's I saw that the valley was foggy. Not unusual, I guess, but not what I had expected.
It got very thick along the way, but started to lift as I went up into the Pacheco Pass and down to Santa Nella. These are the only two pictures I took today - preoccupied, I suppose, although the traffic was very light going south until I hit that stop and go business.
After I unpacked the car Corky and I had a nice little nap - with the A/C running.
A really exciting day, eh? Well, a long day, anyway.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

You are amazing with all that driving - all by yourself! You're a trooper,Del. But I beg to differ with you on the vanilla ice cream (without having ever tasted costco ice cream), nothing beats Haagen Dazs. Part of it is that Haagan Dazs is the only ice cream this lactose-intolerant person can eat without problems. That's because the cream content is higher than the milk content. But it is also the best tasting, IM-not-so-HO.
xo