Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday 10-26-10

Other than going to the Visions events I have not done much of anything for so long I have lost all connection with time and "normal" life. I am feeling much better, but still run out of steam several times a day. Right now I am working on the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter and it is an important edition because of our fund raiser "November Fest" on Nov. 9th. So I need to get it finished and posted to the SQG website.

Corky was with me for a few days, but unfortunately he had a reaction to a medication and was soooo sick, I was very concerned. I decided he would be better off in Long Beach, just a few minutes from his vet. He was in the care of Jennifer, the young woman who helps with the clerical work involved in Corky's parents business. She loves Corky and he loves her - will even sit on her lap, something he never does with me. BOO HOO. Off the medication Corky was fine by Saturday evening.


One of the quilts in the Surfside November Fest live auction is this one we named "Big Flowers". The top was made and donated by Nancy Miller. It needed to be quilted so I sent it to Sharon Winter in Monterey, CA, who does fabulous machine quilting on her home machine. She was free to do whatever she thought worked best and I think she did a fantastic job.

Just look at the great background pattern - which goes by different names: pumpkin seed, wineglass, and, I'm sure, many more.


The flowers are outlined, with some additional lines inside to define the flower. I am so impressed by Sharon's quilting skills I plan to send her a quilt or two of my own! If you would like a contact for her just e-mail me.

Finally, I would like to solicit your consideration to support of Kristin La Flamme's participation in a walk for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International. Juvenile diabetes is such a terrible burden for children, it is important to find a cure as soon as possible. You can support her and the research by going to:


# # #

No comments: