Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve 12-31-10

It'll be the last time I write 2010 - now I must retrain my brain to 2011. It is a problem for me every year, which is why I rarely write '10 or, now, '11. It takes the first two digits to get my brain in gear for the correct last two digits.
Here is the Poodle Prince at his house in the desert. This was the only picture that turned out of the several I took, he just wasn't much interested in posing for photos this week. We had a good chuckle when I groomed him yesterday - after he was all brushed up and I went to put his collar on (sans the wonderful green/red Christmas collar cover that Karen sent him) I realized he had "ring around the collar" in green! Just a very faint tint, such as one would have from wearing a faux gold ring around their finger. Too cute.
Easy drive home for me today, no wind, few trucks and not a lot of cars on I-40. They were mostly all going the other way. And on I-15N (toward Las Vegas) they were spending time standing still. I arrived in Orange County about 3:40pm, but I detoured to get gas at the 'cheap' station ($3.19/gal for 87octane), so I arrived at my house about 4:10pm. The temperature was in the low 40s most of the way home, but dipped to 39F over the Cajon Pass ( 3,777ft). By 6:30pm Placentia was 45.9F. Sometime since I left on Tuesday my recording thermometer showed a low of 31.6F and it is supposed to about that tonight. Every year I wonder how the Rose Parade fans survive their long night vigil on the parade route in Pasadena - it is probably colder there! In about 1959 when I lived with my Little Grandmother in Arcadia (right next door to Pasadena) I went to an all night New Year's Eve party with the intent for everyone to attend the parade in the morning. It was, as I recall, a great party, but when my date drove me to my house to change clothes I realized how cold it was and how tired I was..... We both decided to just skip the parade. So, I have never been. However, Floyd and I went several times to see the floats after the parade when they are parked on the street in a section of Pasadena - they are on display for two or three days. A MUCH more enjoyable way to see them, but we did miss the marching bands and the equestrian teams.
I have already been to bed for several hours! But got up to Blog. I couldn't let the old year end without wishing all of you a....
.... happy, prosperous and healthy 2011.
Love, Del-at-home
# # #

9 comments:

dee said...

Happy, & healthy, New Year to you too Del. Thanks for your friendship.

Beverly said...

A happy, healthy, and creative 2011 to you, Del. Thanks for giving me a window into my youth and old stomping grounds!

Gerrie said...

Happy New Year Del! Wishing you good health, loving friends and lots of creativity. Thank you for being an angel for the Twelves.

Patty ♣ said...

♫ Happy New Year Del!♪♫
You always start my day off! The Animal Rescue Site, my school site update, and then Del! I hope for a wonderful year for you in all your efforts! You are very dear!

Christine Thresh said...

I'm glad you took me along with you to all sorts of places this year (through your blog). Thanks.
Where are we going in 2011?

Rayna said...

Glad your trip home was easy and uneventful, Del.
Once again, happy new year and a hug.

Françoise said...

Happy New Year Del!

June said...

Back atcha, Del, even if I am a few days late --snort--

In fact, I'm thinking that 2011 might just be like this -- dollar short, day late.

Mary Ann said...

I am catching up on reading, Del. Happy New Year! And I have to tell you, I have been to the Rose Bowl parade and game, way back in either 69 or 70. Not sure when, but Ohio State won, Dick Nixon was in attendance and delayed our seeing the kick off but we won! Playing for the opposing team? OJ! Oh the history you see and don't even realize.