Monday, December 27, 2010

Sue Benner quilt in TCQC posted on Blog 12-26-10

Here is another quilt from the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles November sale "High Fiber Under Five".

"Checks & Bars Jumble" Sue Benner 2009 11" x 11" Fused and machine quilted.

Sue is very inventive in her quilt making. I took a class from her at Empty Spools a number of years ago and she did challenge her students. It was an interesting week.

Interesting back - Marimekko fabric with title and signature in gold. One of Sue's signature techniques is leaving the tails on the threads she uses to overcast the edges of her quilts. Whenever I hang one of her quilts I fear that some helpful quilter will whip out scissors from her purse and trim off those dangling threads.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dee said...

Hi Del,
Thanks for the cartoons you sent me. I really had a good laugh this morning.
Last night we got 2 feet of snow so I'm all tucked in for the time being. There's a huge drift in front of the door so I can't even open it. I epet my son will be around to dig me out as soon as he an get himself out. Meanwhile I'm just fine with it.

Rayna said...

what a cheerful quilt on a snow day! Love Sue's work.

Kristin L said...

I love the energy in Sue's quilts. I too took a class from her (AQT 2006-ish) and her tutelage took my work in a completely new direction. Thanks, as always, for sharing your varied collection with us. :-)

Cindy Cooksey said...

Very lively little quilt! I love it.