Thursday, December 9, 2010

Photo experiment & Rayna Gillman post 12-09-10


Yesterday I had lunch at a local eatery named Rutabegorz which is a holdover from the Hippie food of 1970. The original is in Fullerton, but there are also locations in Orange and Tustin (where I ate yesterday). The food is organic, big on veggies, huge salads, hearty soups and some 'funky' dishes, too. Anyway, I was sitting there with my latte in a Xmas mug, which I think is very cute (it is also very much like a design I did for a quilt about thirty years ago), and I tried a half dozen photos to see what I could do with the very busy background I would get. These two images are the two best, however, they are highly modified. I have found that I enjoy digital photography more and more - it is fun to take a not very great image and use the different functions of a photo program to improve it.
If you are a quiltmaker I hope you will take the time to read Rayna Gillman's Blog for today. She makes some very good points about exhibiting your work.
http://studio78notes.blogspot.com/2010/12/juried-vs-curated-or-invitational-shows.html
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beverly said...

My favorite restaurant ever! I'm salivating over memories of the cockie leekie soup!

Rayna said...

The first photo works very nicely, Del. And thanks for sending people over to read my blog post about alternatives to juried shows!

Cindy Cooksey said...

I adore Rutebegorz. And I will go check out Rayna's post.