Sunday, December 5, 2010

A more traditional quilt from TCQC 12-05-10

This quilt was part of the SAQA 2010 online auction. It is more traditional than most of the quilts in the Collection and I originally bought it to give as a gift, but once it was on my wall I couldn't let it go! It is a lovely work of art - precise, gentle, calm.... what other words can I think of. Jenny has wonderful control of her FMQ and selected a lovely subject.
"May Day" Jenny K. Lyon - Granite Bay, CA 2010 12" x 12" SAQA Auction
Jenny had this to say about her quilt, "This piece reflects a beautiful May day when my yard was full of bloom and a gentle breeze was rustling all the leaves and grasses. Radiance fabric (silk/cotton blend), free-motion quilted with silk, poly and metallic threads, embellished with glass beads."

This is the back of the center of the quilt - it is as precise as the front.

Tiniest of seed beads stitched at each intersection.

Jenny's signature on the back.

The sleeve is sheer - I suppose so that all of the back can be seen.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jean M. Judd said...

What a wonderful piece, Del. It is very obvious why you couldn't let it go as a gift after all. It is just gorgeous.

Jenny K. Lyon said...

I was delighted to see that you chose to keep my quilt and feature it here! Thank you for the kind words.