Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stormy Weather 12-22-10

Yes, it did rain early this morning (Wednesday) - and I mean RAIN! I think it woke me up a couple times; I usually get up several times during the night, I was up about every hour last night. Although I live in the "flat lands" there is a slope on the back of the property - it goes down to a dirt road that provides access for the Golden State Water Company and the flood control channel on the other side of the road. Sometime before we moved here (1986) the slope went down in a bad rain storm and I always wonder if it will happen again. So far, so good.
While I was in physical therapy there was rain off and on, but afterward when I stopped for lunch at Kimmie's Coffee Cup in Orange the sun came out and it was glorious.

It was raining when I got home; I started to back into the garage as I always do, and the sky opened up with rain so hard I couldn't see the opening to back up. I just sat there until it let up enough to back into the garage. I checked the back yard and found only a little standing water, but there is that tale tell mark on the wall that shows how high the water backed up in the last few days.

The rain stopped long enough for me to bring in the trash cans, but then it came down like gangbusters again. This is the view west - which is where our weather comes from.

This is a view to the northeast toward the mountains which have received both rain and snow. But these have not been cold storms, my recording thermometer only went down to 51 one night and has usually been about 60-65 during the day. I imagine that it will be a colder storm when it reaches the Midwest. The TV weatherman says we will have showers tonight and in the morning and then it will clear up - for a few days anyway.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: