Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Quilt 12-24-10

"Teenage Reindeer" Del Thomas 1993 27" x 31.5"

A friendship group I belonged to in 1993 did a challenge where we had specific steps to prepare for the meeting where we started our projects. I'm not sure this is the order, but we had to have a fat quarter of definitely Xmas fabric in a brown lunch bag; a half yard of red or green fabric rolled and tied with a ribbon, and a white fabric wrapped in Xmas paper and tied with a ribbon. We could add whatever we wanted to create a Xmas quilt. No size restrictions. At the time I was teaching a class based on "One of a Kind Quilts" a book by Judy Hopkins of Alaska and this challenge fit perfectly into my need for class samples.

This little reindeer was part of the design on the Xmas wrapping I received. It could look familiar, I posted this quilt before at: http://delquilts.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-quilts-12-22-07.html


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

A sweet quilt Del!
Merry Christmas!

Beverly said...

Merry Christmas, Del- this quilt certainly speaks of the season!