Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eager for Asilomar 03-17-11

I have a fat lip tonight!  Did you know that root canals don't last forever?  I had one for forty years before I had a problem.  It was replaced about 11 years ago and today it was replaced again.  The endodontist says they usually only last about ten years.  I hope this one lasts until I no longer care!  No fun. 

I'm thinking about going to Empty Spools in just a few weeks.  Daydreaming.....

...of Monterey Bay.  Click to enlarge and see the birds on the rocks.
...of the walk along the Bay.  One can start at Asilomar Beach and walk all the way to Monterey.
.... of the walk from Asilomar to the beach - down the boardwalk, across Sunset Rd, down to the sandy beach.
 
...  of the tall Monterey Pines that are dying from an imported oriental beetle.  I've been going to Asilomar for almost thirty years and it is a different place now with most of the tall trees gone.  But it is still beautiful and one of my most favorite places.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Terry Grant said...

At our ages dental work just seems like insult to injury. I feel like I'm in a race to outlast my teeth. I had a root canal that lasted nearly forty years, then the tooth turned gray, so it got a crown. I hope it never needs another one.

Hope your mouth feels better when you wake up tomorrow.

I have always wanted to go to Asilimar. It looks so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow. I had three root canals done after an accident in 1973, and they have held...I guess I'm just lucky. Sheesh, another thing to keep an eye on. Thanks...I think. :)

Lisa Quintana

abelian said...

Say hello to Asilomar for me. I'll miss it so much!

Dottie D

Corky said...

So jealous! I'll be there with you in spirit.

June said...

Your anticipation of Asilomar is almost as good as being there. Wish I could be. I wouldn't want to do a workshop (but would need the excuse) but just meander along the beach. And maybe paint a bit.

As for root canals -- yup, had the same thing happen to me last year. Mine had been put in in 1975 and I almost died from the infection. The 2010 experience was ever so much better --snort --

You must blog extensively about Asilomar for those of us who yearn...