Friday, March 18, 2011

Therapy clothes 03-18-11

I don't know how to draw a line between wanting to look gorgeous and wanting to have coordinated clothing.  I do have a thing about being clothing coordinated, but no inclination to worry about being gorgeous at my age!   My major concern about what to wear in the therapy pool was that I be covered adequately, secondly I always desire to have things go together. 

 
So, I am clothed in blue and white - just like my kitchen!  The colors were chosen from what was available.  I had the blue tank top, found the blue/white pj bottoms (which I cut off and did not hem) at Ross and the 'shower shoes' at CVS.  I will have bathing suit to wear - soon, I hope.
 
Therapy went well today.  The therapist cranked up the difficulty and I had a hard time with a few of the exercises.  Especially the designed to strength my 'abs', which don't have much to say for themselves.  Tonight I am a little stiff in my upper arms and, of course, my abs.  I did have to take a nap in the afternoon.  Three sessions next week.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I like your choices in clothing! Color coordinated is a good thing.
Keep it up Del! You are on your way to where you want to be physically.

Mary Ann said...

Color coordinating is essential if you grew up anywhere near the fifties. Someone asked me if i always coordinated socks and T shirts and I do but here's a little surprise, I often coordinate my undies to match also! Just because I can!

June said...

Three sessions next week! Whew!

I don't do any real PT stuff and am wondering if I should find some training somewhere. I can't bear "classes" -- you have to be there on time and there are all those talkie people at an hour of the day (7 AM in my pool) when no humane person would speak to me.

But I do think that perhaps I could be doing more. Your example is leading me in that direction.

One nice thing that I've found as I go to the pool regularly is that I've gotten lots less self-conscious about how I look. I just look like lots of others and the 20-somes who life-guard lump us all together. So that's been helpful. My Lands End bathing suit actually fit, although I haven't tried it in the water yet. I'm hoping it will do there as well as dry. It matches my flip-flops (all black, of course:-) )