Monday, March 28, 2011

Terry Grant quilt in TCQC posted 03-27-11

This is another attempt to post these pictures. 3:30p 03-28-11 

 "Oregon Junco"  Terry Grant  2007  9" x 9" 
Cotton fabrics, fusing, machine stitching, hand stitching, "quilted" with hand stitched snowflakes. 

When I saw this little piece on Terry's Blog I fired off an e-mail to ask if I could buy it.  Fortunately, I was the first person to ask and it came to be part of the TCQC.   It is one of six Terry Grant quilts in the Collection, mostly small little treasures like this one.   


Terry developed her fusing technique by trial and error and has generously shared it in a tutorial on her Blog:
The back is covered - I assume so that the carryovers from the snowflakes won't show.  I don't think there is batting inside, perhaps some other material.  The other material that is inside is felt which Terry uses in small works - certainly makes a nice flat, straight quilt. 
Terry talked about this quilt in her Blog: 
#   #   #

4 comments:

Cindy Cooksey said...

It's a charming little piece! The photos came through. I'm looking at them at about 3:40.

Gerrie said...

Yay! I don't remember seeing this one. I am glad you got it posted. Terry normally uses felt as batting for her small pieces.

Terry Grant said...

Yes, I am seeing the quilt. I enjoyed seeing it again. And yes, the "batting" is felt. I like the way it keeps pieces nice and flat, but still adds a bit of texture when quilted or stitched.

Christine Thresh said...

You are so fortunate to have several quilts by Terry in your collection. You certainly spot the good ones!