Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Feet 04-22-11

One of the delights of visiting Mary is trying to get some loving out of Bud, the 'sweet cat'.  He isn't in the least bit sweet, but I keep hoping that the words alone will contribute to a change in his nature.  After all the years I have tried he will only occasionally let me pet him and even, as a special treat, rub his tummy.  The oddest thing is that he loves my shoes, all the while disdaining those of anyone else.  These close-toed Birks are particular favorites, so I always wear them when I am in San Juan Bautista. 
And in honor of Earth Day:
"Advice from a Tree:  Stand Tall and Proud, Sink Your Roots into the Earth,
Be Content with Your Natural Beauty, Drink Plenty of Water, Enjoy the View!"  Ilan Shamir
When members of our Book Group travel they frequently bring back bookmarks from the places they visit, I've long since lost track of who or where.  Recently a member had these to share.  They are produced by www.yourtruenature.com 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Great advice from a tree!!!

June said...

I remember once you allowed as how you were definitely not "sweet." The cat must have heard you and decided to emulate:-)

Linda Humphrey said...

That has to be the biggest cat I have ever seen!