Friday, June 17, 2011

Lost Blogs! Starbucks 06-16-11

My computer has betrayed me again.  Actually, I think it is AOL that is screwed up, nothing unusual there!  The very worst thing is that I have lost my list of blogs!  All I can think of doing is asking any of you whose Blog I have "followed" to send me your Blog address.  Also anyone who is a regular commenter on my Blog should send their Blog address.  I hope that AOL can replace what is lost, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I know I said I was going to try to kick my Starbucks habit, but realized that on a long trip I was going to need that "Fix" along the way.  Therefore, I am still addicted.  One day last week I stopped at my favorite location (on Tustin Blvd between the 91 Fwy and LaPalma Ave) for a jolt and a "Small Bite" (Tiramisu). I had my current book and sat down to enjoy the coffee, the snack and the book.  Sometimes they serve the small bites-on-a-stick in these little boxes with the stick protruding from the slot.  Cute, but not very "green".  A few days later I stopped for a latte and couldn't find my card.


 
THIS card - which I have been using since 2004 - was not in my purse.  I actually cleaned out everything and checked the tear in the lining - no card.  I went back to my favorite location and asked if someone might have found it and turned it in.  No.  I was so sad - I'd lost a friend of almost seven years standing.
Then yesterday I cleaned everything out of the Lexus before going to the car wash and even got out my oven jack and fished in between the seats where tissues, pills, notes, crumbs, etc. always hide.  Surprise! 
"O Frabjous Day!  Callooh, Callay!  I chortled in my Joy!"
My card was among the debris.  I suppose I stuck it in my pants pocket, which was rather shallow, and it fell out when I sat in the driver's seat.  I used it today after my wonderful aqua therapy session - they all made me feel so good: the therapy, the latte and the card! 
 Simple Pleasures, I suppose.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Vivika said...

Hi Del, I had to laugh when I read this post... it all sounds so familiar (except the part about actually finding what I lost... still looking for my checkbook that has been missing for 10 long days). And the Jaberwocky quote sent me back to the days when I was dating my husband (it is the only poem he knows by heart...). Yes, you do follow my blog, vdenegrequilts.blogspot.com, and I hope that AOL finds YOUR information, too... V

Deborah Boschert said...

I can see why you love that card. It's got a great design.

Karen said...

Hi Del,
I think you follow my blog, it's fiberartmusings.blogspot.com

Patty Benner Young said...

Hi Del...my blog if you are interested! http://pattybenneryoungagain.blogspot.com/
I thought the treat on a stick looks like a smoking box!

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Dear! Losing things!! I see that you have me over there, but WHAT a problem to lose all that you like to Follow!!
I am so happy that you found your favorite SB card! It is a nice design. I hope that you have been checking in on the eagles! They are Branching and I bet that they fledge this weekend! Exciting!

dee said...

I sent you my link as a reply to your e-mail.
Glad you found your card. It is pretty cool looking.

Unknown said...

It's the borrowers I tell you! I know what you mean about your card...my Discover card is VERY bright and has suns and artsy things on it...my daughter laughs because so many people comment on it. If they ever discontinue that design, I'll be heart broken!

Lisa

Nancy said...

Hi Del, Glad to hear you found your Starbucks card. Ah the little things in life become so comforting. I know you have my blog as I see you are following me now. Thanks. If you follow my blog posts back to Sept of 2010 you will find a shot of a woody I took in Newport, complete with surfboards. I hope you get all your blogs back. Maybe they'll just show up like your Starbucks card. Nancy