Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shopping at the Dragonfly 06-28-11

I'm not much of a shopper, except for fabric, and rarely go out and just stroll through shops.  But when I go to Rutabegorz in Orange (on Glassell between the Circle and Chapman College) I cannot resist taking a stroll through The Dragonfly, which is right next door.  In an old bungalow converted to this use, it is crammed with wonderful things, both inside and out.  The inside is so packed I fear that I will collide with something every time I move, but I always have to go in to see their hats (today I bought one).  But the plants and garden items outside always tempt me and I end up with a purchase or two.

There are little islands of interest whichever way you walk.  This is in the area of tiny things to put into little dish gardens. 

There is a bowl stuffed with tiny people to accompany the little fences and miniature benches and gates.

And wee lighthouses and beach chairs.

This is the front of the house, behind the picket fence.  Barely visible are wire rings with dragonflies about fourteen inches across - they are a sort of bronze color.  Can't see them?  Click to enlarge the image or....

..look at them upside down as shadows on the sidewalk. 

This is the loveliest fairy I think I have ever seen.  She is about two feet tall. 

A rain chain made of copper umbrellas - so clever.

 
There are lots of little potted plants.  Some, like this one, have those tiny figures tucked in.  There is a fairy, a turtle and some colorful rocks tucked into the left side of this "garden".
The area for two blocks around the Orange Circle is filled with shops and antique malls and lovely little restaurants.  I have tried a number of the eating spots, but I am especially fond of Kimmie's on the south side of the Circle and Rutabegorz to the north side.  It serves the same food at the original location in Fullerton and the third location in Tustin.  I ate wonderful chicken crepes today and carried the excess home to eat for dinner tonight.  Delicious!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Delicious, too, is the Dragonfly Shop! Thank you.

Patty ♣ said...

Oh! That place looks very interesting Del!