Sunday, July 24, 2011

Terry Grant quilt 07-24-11

This was the first of the six Terry Grant quilts added to the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection.  In February 2007 Terry posted this piece on her Blog and invited her readers to post a comment and add their name to the "hat" for a drawing.  I added a comment and, surprise, my name was the one drawn.  Like many of Terry's quilts this is a little jewel done in her very distinctive fusing technique, which she generously shared on her Blog.  http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/   Look on the sidebar under "Favorite Places".
Here are the posts where she talks about this little quilt:
While I was looking up the above URLs I looked for the Blog post where Terry made her offer, but couldn't find it.  Maybe I remember it incorrectly.  Perhaps she will enlighten us!
07-25-11  And she did!  See:
 http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/2007/04/post-number-300-sharing-love.html 
and  http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/2007/04/hump-day.html 
"Valentine 2007"  Terry Grant - Beaverton, OR.  2007  8.75" x 8.75"
Cotton fabrics, fused, pencil shading. 

Look at that great Clementine!  It looks real, doesn't it? 
I especially enjoy the detail in Terry's work and like to hang her quilts where I can see them up close - over the switches in my bathroom,  on the narrow wall between the kitchen and family room or on a little stand on my desk. 

 
The back is plain and covers the back of the stitching.  There is no label.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

June said...

I have a Terry Grant crow, done some years ago, hanging near my kitchen door. You are right -- and she only gets better as she does more.