Friday, October 21, 2011

PIQF 2011 10-20-11

I'm finding myself in a time crunch - trying to do too many things in a day.  Tonight I will just post a few quilts and hope tomorrow will allow more time for Blogging.  Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures from this huge Quilt Festival.  Somewhere I read how many quilts were displayed in this 20th Anniversary year, but I can't find it now.  Maybe six hundred?  More than I could see in two days, I know I missed some good ones
 
I have two corrections to make on my 10-18-11 post:
The first is that I failed to tell you that the fabulous quilting on the raffle quilt for which I purchased tickets was done by Holly Casey of King City, CA.


And the 2nd correction/addition is this picture of the back of "Simply Santa Fe" by Cindy Seitz-Krug, which I posted on 10-18-11.  I took the picture out of order when I had the chance and didn't move it into its rightful place before I posted.  Although the back is not mentioned on the label, the white glove lady was showing it because it is hand stenciled with artist cut stencils and is quite lovely.

Jan is a friend from Surfside Quilters Guild who does excellent hand applique and especially enjoys the Piece O' Cake patterns.  This quilt received a 3rd place ribbon at this show.  Congratulations, Jan.  You deserve all the awards you receive, you are such an inspiration to quilters near and far.  

This is the only picture I took of the quilts in the "7" special exhibit.  I am an admirer of Eileen Lauterborn's quilts and have tried to purchase a couple, but someone has always been in line in front of me.  I'm not as fond of the colors in this one as some of her previous quilts I have seen.
 

 
I am just too tired to stay up any later - I'll try again tomorrow if I can find the time.  There are pictures of some of the Special Exhibits and the World Quilt Competition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: