Saturday, October 22, 2011

PIQF 2011 10-21-11

As I said earlier there were so many quilts in this show that I did not see all of them.  I'm glad that Mary Leakey took these pictures and let me download her camera into my laptop because I only saw one of these quilts!
 
To me this quilt appears to be transparent, but since I didn't see it, I'm not sure.  I'm afraid I must be a little dense because I don't get the connection between the artist's statement and the quilt.  But I like it quilt - it is very 1956 to me. 

I like the effect of the dark "bits", but don't understand how she did them.  Fusing?  Marking? Something to experiment with someday.
 


Great color and the quilting does enhance the design.

 
When I saw this quilt hanging I wanted to twitch the two pieces closer together - I can't believe the maker intended to have such a broad black strip between them.  Of course, they were hanging on a black curtain, whereas in a normal display they would most likely be on a beige or off-white wall.  I like the design and the color.  And I enjoyed exploring this type of piecing a few years ago when I was actually making quilts.
 Corky is here for the weekend - such a great little guy - good company for me.  And a chance for his parents to sleep in.  Corky has ALWAYS been an early bird - but then we take a long morning nap.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet Windsor said...

The space represents the trunk of the tree. Sorry that did not come across, but I'm glad you liked it.