Friday, January 6, 2012

How about "Friday Face"?


Guess this is how I truly appear to others.  Beth Smith, director of Visions Art Museum, took this "Glam shot" in the office when I was there on Wednesday preparing the layout for the 12X12 quilts that will be on exhibit starting February 3rd (that is the date of the opening event - mark your calendar).  The scarf is a new one from Rayna Gillman, who does every possible kind of surface design, and it is wonderful silk crepe - my favorite fabric for scarves.  I have become a collector of Rayna scarves - "two is a pair, three is a collection" - since I now have four in my drawer.    http://studio78notes.blogspot.com/


The event on Feb 3rd will include the 'reveal' of the new name of the large VAM gallery - the "Del Thomas Gallery" - and also celebrate my ongoing financial commitment to the Museum.  I have been to all eleven Visions exhibits over the years and try to be as involved as possible in what is going on at VAM.  Living 2 to 3 hours north sometimes makes it difficult, however, I can send money and so can you!  With the "Great Recession", as the media has termed it, all non-profit organizations are hurting.  You can help by becoming a member and participating in those programs that are open to members all over the world, including an opportunity to exhibit and sell your work.  Every membership and every donation helps the continued operation of the Museum.    http://www.visionsartmuseum.org/ 

Thanks to Lisa Broberg Quintana, whose Blog is among my daily "reads", for the kind words she posted yesterday.   http://michigoose-life-quilts.blogspot.com/
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karen said...

See you opening night Del!

June said...

Great photo and a great tribute on Lisa's blog. You deserve every good word she writes about you.

And the pee-newmonia didn't appear and I had a lovely time at the reception. Wished you were there, of course.

Unknown said...

Del, you deserve every word that I and the various commentators wrote...you're a real gift!

Funny...commentator doesn't FEEL like it's a real word.... lol.

Lisa Q.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Congratulations on the Del Thomas Gallery! You are such an asset to the art quilt community. Wish I could be there in person.