Friday, January 6, 2012

What's for Lunch? 01-05-12

In San Diego yesterday the first order of business was lunch.  I have been eager to go to Solare again - the restaurant is in the same block as Visions Art Museum, so we could walk over.  Getting in and out of vehicles is difficult these days and after the drive the short walk was good for me. 


They serve delicious moist bread squares and made-on-the-premises tomato sauce.


I selected one of the specials for the day "Lobster Ravioli" and it was delicious.  I didn't think I should lick the plate, so I sopped up the end of the sauce with a couple bread squares.  M-m-m.
Beth also had pasta - but at the moment I can't remember what it was.  I'll ask her and maybe have an update in the morning.  Finally contacted Beth - her lunch was
Spaghetti Carbonara: Spaghetti, Pancetta, Eggs, Parmigiano.
 It looked delicious.  Her lunch came with a small salad which she kindly shared with me. 
There are many interesting restaurants in Liberty Station, the complex where VAM is located - if I lived down there I would try every one of them.   

Posted by Picasa

No comments: