Friday, April 27, 2012

Sharing Dessert 04-26-12

When I was in San Diego yesterday Beth and I had lunch at Ikiru, a small restaurant within walking distance of Visions Art Museum.   We each had a sushi roll that didn't quite fill us up, so we were forced to order dessert, which we shared.


This is one serving of green tea ice cream mochi with a chocolate sauce.  
 
Next time I'm going to ask for a spoon, or whip one out of my purse, because we had to cut the mochi with the tiny forks and left quite a bit on the plate.  I tried just spearing one and dipping it in the sauce, but it was too big a bite.  But I gotta tell you, it was delicious. 
Where do they find a plate/bowl like this?  And what is it intended for?  I wonder if it is for a dip with veggies.  Surely they don't make a dish so specialized it is just to serve mochi with sauce! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Oh, you poor things - FORCED to order dessert:-(.